*

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Westpac never learns

A Nelson man fronts up and tells Westpac where to stick it when refused a loan. Had yards of equity.

Yes, he drew out $190,000.00 in cash this morning. And made them count it. Every last $20 note!

Been there, done that with those bastards.

At the time some years ago, had the best part of $1M of lowly geared property mortgaged with Westpac in various family entities and over $150K in cash savings. A priority customer I was often told.

And then they started charging me 35c per cheque. That didn't last a month before I had moved all my business elsewhere.

Years ago I remember my first bank ANZ telling me at 9.30 in the morning I couldn't have a $3K overdraft for two weeks after banking reliably with them for five years. Stick that I said, cash me up now and close my accounts. By 12 o'clock that very same day I had a $20K unlimited overdraft facility with a bank I had never previously set foot in.
If you don't support the community, the community won't support you.

Bastard banks never learn.

No comments: